Chocolate Chip Cranberry Cheese Bars are a tasty treat for fall and winter holidays. This crunchy chocolate chip, cranberry and orange-scented bar is balanced with a lightly sweetened layer of cream cheese.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups quick or old-fashioned oats
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1 cup OCEAN SPRAY® CRAISINS® Original Dried Cranberries
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 oz.) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Sweetened Condensed Milk
PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
BEAT butter and brown sugar in large mixer bowl until creamy. Gradually beat in flour, oats and orange peel until crumbly. Stir in morsels and cranberries; reserve 2 cups mixture. Press remaining mixture onto bottom of prepared baking pan.
BAKE for 15 minutes. Beat cream cheese in small mixer bowl until smooth. Gradually beat in sweetened condensed milk. Pour over hot crust; sprinkle with reserved flour mixture. Bake for additional 25 to 30 minutes or until center is set. Cool in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars.
Review This Recipe
chocolaate chip cranberry cheese bar
This will be a exceptional cookie this fall and even in the winter when I need a comfort food. It is delicious and easy to make. I added pecans to the recipe. It makes a great bake sale item for the PTA/PTO organizations and marvelous for tea socials.
Read More Reviews