Chocolate Chip Shamrocks are delicious cut-out cookies containing chocolate chips. These will make everyone's St. Patrick's Day special. Decorate them with green icing and sprinkles.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Morsels
- 1 container (16 oz.) prepared vanilla frosting, colored green if desired
- 1 container green coarse sugar or candies
BEAT butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, vanilla extract and salt in large mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in egg yolk. Gradually beat in flour. Stir in morsels. Shape dough into 2 round discs; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for about 1 hour or until firm.
PREHEAT oven to 350° F.
ROLL each disc to 1/4-inch thickness between two sheets of waxed paper. Cut into shamrock shapes; place on ungreased baking sheets.
BAKE for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely. Spread with frosting; sprinkle with coarse sugar.
Review This Recipe
Hard to roll
I had the hardest time getting these to roll out. I was using a cute dog shaped cookie cutter and ended up switching to a simple heart shape because it was near impossible to get the dog shape out of the cutter whole. They were okay cookies, but not a recipe I will do again.
Read More Reviews