Toffee is a great gift, and making it with coffee and walnuts makes it extra special! Delicious and chocolatey, this toffee will become a favorite.
- Parchment paper
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 NESCAFÉ DOLCE GUSTO Caffe Lungo capsule, brewed according to package directions (4 fl. oz.)
- 4 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts or almonds, toasted
LINE a baking sheet with parchment paper.
COMBINE sugar, coffee and butter in small, heavy-duty saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring until combined. Bring to a boil; cook, without stirring, until candy thermometer registers 325° F or until syrup begins to caramelize. Remove from heat; quickly stir in vanilla extract and salt.
POUR mixture quickly onto prepared baking sheet, spreading to desired thickness. Let toffee stand for 3 minutes. Sprinkle morsels evenly over toffee; let stand for 5 minutes or until soft and shiny. Spread chocolate into a thin layer over toffee; sprinkle with nuts. Let stand for 1 hour or until completely cool. Break toffee into pieces.