These adorable Chocolate Cookie Bear cookies are fun to decorate for a shower or a birthday party.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened (do not substitute)
- 1 cup (6 oz.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups Quaker® Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 container ready to spread frosting
- Assorted small candies, candy sprinkles, colored sugar
BEAT sugar and butter with electric mixer in large bowl until creamy. Add melted chocolate, eggs and vanilla extract; beat well. Add combined oats, flour, baking powder and salt; mix well. Cover; refrigerate about 2 hours.
PREHEAT oven to 350° F.
TO MAKE BEARS:
For bodies shape dough into 1-inch balls, for heads shape dough into 1/2-inch balls, and for arms, legs and ears shape dough into 1/4-inch balls. On ungreased baking sheets, gently press pieces together to form bears, placing 2 inches apart. Flatten bears slightly.
BAKE for 8 to 10 minutes or just until firm to the touch. (Do not overbake.) Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire rack to cool completely.
DECORATE as desired with frosting and candies. Store tightly covered.
Review This Recipe
chocolate cookie bear
My daughter's and I recently made these cookies for my return to work day, to share w/my co-works. Who I haven't worked w/in 6mos. We had fun making them and my co-worker's really enjoyed them.
Read More Reviews