Chocolate Cookie Peppermint Bark Ice Cream Sandwiches
Chocolate Cookie Peppermint Bark Ice Cream Sandwiches are a great treat for kids and adults alike. A perfect make-ahead dessert for the holidays.
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons Dutch processed cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon peppermint extract (optional)
- 2 containers (14 ounces each) HÄAGEN-DAZS Peppermint Bark Ice Cream
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
WHISK together flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt.
BEAT butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar together in large mixer bowl until smooth. Add egg, vanilla extract and peppermint extract. Mix until blended.
ADD flour mixture slowly and mix until flour disappears. Drop dough by rounded tablespoons onto prepared baking sheet, about 2 inches apart.
BAKE for 8 to 10 minutes or until cookies are set but still soft in the middle. Remove from oven; cool on baking sheet for 3 to 5 minutes. Remove to wire rack to cool completely.
PLACE one scoop of ice cream between two cookies to make a sandwich. Gently press cookies together (ice cream should spread to edge of cookies). Serve immediately.
Cook’s Tip: You can make the ice cream cookie sandwiches ahead of time. Make the sandwiches and wrap them individually in plastic wrap. Place the sandwiches in a freezer bag and freeze until needed.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Be the first to review this recipe!
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Serving Size: 1/9 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 490
- Calories from Fat: 220
- Total Fat: 24g (38% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 15g (75% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 115mg (38% of DV)
- Sodium: 180mg (8% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 63g (21% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 2g (7% of DV)
- Sugars: 45g
- Protein: 7g
- Vitamin A: 15% of DV
- Vitamin C: 0% of DV
- Calcium: 10% of DV
- Iron: 6% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.