A delicate crumb base supports a creamy chocolate filling topped with chocolate chips and crunchy, butter cookie crumbs.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels, divided
- 1 can (14 oz.) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, optional
PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
BEAT butter in a large mixing bowl until creamy. Beat in flour, sugar and salt until crumbly. With floured fingers, press 2 cups crumb mixture onto bottom of prepared baking pan; reserve remaining mixture. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
COMBINE 1 cup morsels and sweetened condensed milk in a small, heavy-duty saucepan. Warm over low heat, stirring until smooth. Stir in vanilla extract. Spread over hot crust.
STIR nuts and remaining morsels into reserved crumb mixture; sprinkle over chocolate filling. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until center is set. Cool in pan on wire rack.
Review This Recipe
I made these bars yesterday and they are almost gone, they were easy to make and the crust compliments the filling this is a keeper
Read More Reviews