A delicate crumb base supports a creamy chocolate filling topped with chocolate chips and crunchy, butter cookie crumbs.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels, divided
- 1 can (14 oz.) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, optional
PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
BEAT butter in a large mixing bowl until creamy. Beat in flour, sugar and salt until crumbly. With floured fingers, press 2 cups crumb mixture onto bottom of prepared baking pan; reserve remaining mixture. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
COMBINE 1 cup morsels and sweetened condensed milk in a small, heavy-duty saucepan. Warm over low heat, stirring until smooth. Stir in vanilla extract. Spread over hot crust.
STIR nuts and remaining morsels into reserved crumb mixture; sprinkle over chocolate filling. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until center is set. Cool in pan on wire rack.
Review This Recipe
Chocolate Crumb Bars
Everyone loved these bars and they were gone in a minute and they wanted more. I will make these again
Read More Reviews