Chocolate Dipped Cheesecake Pops
These “too cute” cheesecake pops are the perfect alternative to a cake at any baby shower or birthday party.
- 1 pkg. (16 oz.) frozen cheesecake
- 22 to 24 lollipop or wooden craft sticks (found at cake decorating or craft stores)
- Small ice cream scoop (1 to 1 1/2 tablespoon size)
- 1 3/4 to 2 cups NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1 tablespoon vegetable shortening
- Colored sprinkles or sugars
- 1/2 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Morsels
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
REMOVE cheesecake from freezer; thaw for 5 minutes. Cut cheesecake into 22 to 24 small even pieces.
PRESS pieces of cheesecake, including crust, into ice cream scoop. Working quickly, shape into 1 1/2-inch balls. Press one lollipop stick into each cheesecake ball. Place on prepared baking sheet and freeze for 1 hour.
MICROWAVE semi-sweet morsels and shortening in dry, medium, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 1 minute; STIR. Morsels may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until melted.
DIP frozen cheesecake pops into melted chocolate; shaking off excess. Immediately decorate with colored sprinkles, sugars or mini morsels, if desired, before chocolate hardens. Working quickly, repeat with remaining cheesecake pops. Place on prepared baking sheet; freeze until ready to serve. Allow to soften for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
• Cheesecake balls do not have to look “pretty” before they are dipped in chocolate. Crust is included in cheesecake ball. This all gets covered in a coating of chocolate. It may be a little messy, but everything works out when it is covered in chocolate!
• NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Milk Chocolate or Premier White Morsels can be substituted for NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Just when you thought you knew cheesecake!
Just when you thought you knew cheesecake! My family loved these. Couldn't keep these in the house.
Absolutely the best!
CHOCOLATE DIPPED CHEESECAKE POPS
WHAT A SWEET AND GREAT IDEA FOR THE SUMMER.
Everyone in our house loves cheesecake.Saw this recipe, had to give it a try....All I can say is that the went really fast.
sensational summer treat!
a sensational summer treat for picnics-gatherings- take to the beach-out in the yard! treat for kids of all ages from seven to seventy!
Serving Size: 1/22 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 22
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 180
- Calories from Fat: 100
- Total Fat: 11g (18% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 4g (19% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 20mg (7% of DV)
- Sodium: 45mg (2% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 19g (6% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 1g (6% of DV)
- Sugars: 15g
- Protein: 3g
- Vitamin A: 6% of DV
- Vitamin C: 0% of DV
- Calcium: 2% of DV
- Iron: 2% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.