These “too cute” cheesecake pops are the perfect alternative to a cake at any baby shower or birthday party.
- 1 pkg. (16 oz.) frozen cheesecake
- 22 to 24 lollipop or wooden craft sticks (found at cake decorating or craft stores)
- Small ice cream scoop (1 to 1 1/2 tablespoon size)
- 1 3/4 to 2 cups (11.5- to 12-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ TOLL HOUSE Semi-Sweet or Milk Chocolate Morsels
- 1 tablespoon vegetable shortening
- Colored sprinkles or sugars
- 1/2 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Morsels
LINE baking sheet with wax paper.
REMOVE cheesecake from freezer; thaw for 5 minutes. Cut cheesecake into 22 to 24 small even pieces.
PRESS pieces of cheesecake, including crust, into ice cream scoop. Working quickly, shape into 1 1/2-inch balls. Press one lollipop stick into each cheesecake ball. Place on prepared baking sheet and freeze for 1 hour.
MICROWAVE semi-sweet morsels and shortening in dry, medium, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 1 minute; STIR. Morsels may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until melted.
DIP frozen cheesecake pops into melted chocolate; shaking off excess. Immediately decorate with colored sprinkles, sugars or mini morsels, if desired, before chocolate hardens. Working quickly, repeat with remaining cheesecake pops. Place on prepared baking sheet; freeze until ready to serve. Allow to soften for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
• Cheesecake balls do not have to look “pretty” before they are dipped in chocolate. Crust is included in cheesecake ball. This all gets covered in a coating of chocolate. It may be a little messy, but everything works out when it is covered in chocolate!
• For a richer chocolate flavor, substitute three 4-ounce bars NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® CHOCOLATIER 62% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Chocolate, broken into pieces, for the semi-sweet or milk chocolate morsels.
Review This Recipe
These are as sweet to see, to make and eat.
Read More Reviews