Laurio Lufkin created these delightful “biscookies” for the Nestlé Kitchens Holiday Cookie Contest. You will fall in love with the combination of dried cranberries and Bit O’ Honey in each delicious bite.
Visit the Nestlé Kitchens for more great cookie recipes.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup salted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons grated tangerine peel (use orange peel if preferred)
- 1/2 cup sweetened dried cranberries, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped BIT O HONEY Candy (freeze before chopping)
- 1 tablespoon candied ginger, chopped
- 1/2 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
WHISK together flour, baking powder, nutmeg and salt; set aside.
BEAT butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar in large mixer bowl until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla extract; beat until combined. With mixer running on low, add flour mixture and beat until incorporated. Beat in grated tangerine peel, dried cranberries, chopped Bit O Honey and candied ginger.
DIVIDE dough into 4 portions. Form into 4 x 8-inch loaves and place two loaves on each prepared baking sheet.
BAKE for 28 to 30 minutes or until loaves are golden brown and slightly cracked along the length of the loaf. Cool for 15 minutes, and then slice on the diagonal. Cool completely.
MELT morsels according to package directions. Pour chocolate into a small resealable bag and seal. Snip corner of bag and drizzle over “biscookies,” allowing chocolate to harden before shipping, storing or serving.