Chocolate Espresso Zucchini Brownies
You won't even know these brownies have zucchini in them! Rich and delicious, these chocolate and coffee brownies use zucchini for moisture instead of extra oil and eggs.
- 1 cup white whole-wheat flour
- 1/3 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Baking Cocoa
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Dark Chocolate Morsels, divided
- 1 NESCAFÉ DOLCE GUSTO Espresso capsule, brewed according to package directions (2 fl. oz.)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups grated zucchini (about 3 medium)
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
COMBINE flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt in medium bowl.
MELT ¾ cup morsels in large, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 1 minute; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. Stir in coffee, oil, brown sugar, granulated sugar, egg whites and vanilla extract. Stir in flour mixture; fold in zucchini. Spread into prepared pan. Sprinkle remaining ¼ cup morsels over top.
BAKE for 30 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out slightly sticky. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Lift brownies from pan; cut into 16 squares. Store in an airtight container.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Be the first to review this recipe!
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Serving Size: 1/16 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 190
- Calories from Fat: 80
- Total Fat: 9g (14% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 3.5g (17% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 0mg (0% of DV)
- Sodium: 180mg (8% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 22g (7% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 2g (9% of DV)
- Sugars: 19g
- Protein: 2g
- Vitamin A: 0% of DV
- Vitamin C: 4% of DV
- Calcium: 2% of DV
- Iron: 4% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.