Chocolate Intensity is a dense chocolate cake served with a silky-smooth, coffee-spiked crème anglaise for a decadent dessert.
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 8 packets (1 oz. each) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® CHOCO BAKE® Pre-Melted Unsweetened Chocolate Flavor
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- COFFEE CRÈME ANGLAISE
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon NESCAFÉ TASTER'S CHOICE House Blend 100% Pure Instant Coffee Granules
- 1 can (12 oz.) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 3 large egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
PREHEAT PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Grease 9-inch springform pan.
BEAT granulated sugar, butter, eggs and vanilla extract in small mixer bowl for about 4 minutes or until thick and pale yellow. Beat in Choco Bake. Gradually beat in flour. Spread into prepared springform pan.
BAKE for 25 to 28 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out moist. Cool in pan on wire rack for 15 minutes. Remove side of pan; cool completely. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Serve with Coffee Crème Anglaise.
FOR COFFEE CRÈME ANGLAISE:
COMBINE granulated sugar and coffee granules in medium, heavy-duty saucepan; stir in evaporated milk. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes just to a simmer. Remove from heat. Gradually whisk half of hot milk mixture into egg yolks; return mixture to saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, for 6 to 7 minutes or until mixture is slightly thickened. Strain into small bowl; stir in vanilla extract. Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate for up to 3 days. Makes 1 3/4 cups.
Review This Recipe
Great for gatherings!
I made this for a candle party one night! It was hit! Everyone loved it! Since then I have been making it for all my gatherings. It goes with everything.
Read More Reviews