Chocolate Intensity is a dense chocolate cake served with a silky-smooth, coffee-spiked crème anglaise for a decadent dessert.
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 8 packets (1 oz. each) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® CHOCO BAKE® Pre-Melted Unsweetened Chocolate Flavor
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- COFFEE CRÈME ANGLAISE
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon NESCAFÉ TASTER'S CHOICE House Blend 100% Pure Instant Coffee Granules
- 1 can (12 oz.) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 3 large egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
PREHEAT PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Grease 9-inch springform pan.
BEAT granulated sugar, butter, eggs and vanilla extract in small mixer bowl for about 4 minutes or until thick and pale yellow. Beat in Choco Bake. Gradually beat in flour. Spread into prepared springform pan.
BAKE for 25 to 28 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out moist. Cool in pan on wire rack for 15 minutes. Remove side of pan; cool completely. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Serve with Coffee Crème Anglaise.
FOR COFFEE CRÈME ANGLAISE:
COMBINE granulated sugar and coffee granules in medium, heavy-duty saucepan; stir in evaporated milk. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes just to a simmer. Remove from heat. Gradually whisk half of hot milk mixture into egg yolks; return mixture to saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, for 6 to 7 minutes or until mixture is slightly thickened. Strain into small bowl; stir in vanilla extract. Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate for up to 3 days. Makes 1 3/4 cups.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
It is intense chocolate. We loved it. Also tried it once without the coffee granules and liked it just as well.
You must try this!
This torte is outstanding. The flavors blend so well and leave you totally satisfied.
this looks and tastes delicious!
Just like extreme sports only the true chocoholic should partake in this extreme treat.
This chocolate torte is so sweet and chocolatey, a small slice will do. I served this with homemade peppermint ice cream for the holidays. The top of the torte, I decorated with powdered sugar using a Christmas tree cookie cutter. It turned out elegant and festive. Easy to make and easy to eat!
Serving Size: 1/12 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 430
- Calories from Fat: 230
- Total Fat: 26g (40% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 14g (70% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 145mg (48% of DV)
- Sodium: 90mg (4% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 45g (15% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 3g (12% of DV)
- Sugars: 33g
- Protein: 6g
- Vitamin A: 8% of DV
- Vitamin C: 0% of DV
- Calcium: 10% of DV
- Iron: 4% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.