Chocolate Layer Crumb Bars
A rich and creamy chocolate filling topped with delicious chocolate chunks.
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups (11.5-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chunks, divided
- 1 can (14 oz.) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
BEAT butter in large mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in flour, sugar and salt until crumbly. With floured fingers, press 2 cups crumb mixture onto bottom of prepared baking pan; reserve remaining mixture.
BAKE for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
COMBINE 1 cup chunks and sweetened condensed milk in small, heavy-duty saucepan. Warm over low heat, stirring until smooth. Stir in vanilla extract. Spread over hot crust.
STIR nuts and remaining chunks into reserved crumb mixture; sprinkle over chocolate filling. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until center is set. Cool in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Oh my goodness
So easy and so good........you've got to try them.
Absolutely delicious! One of my favorites. Nice texture and taste.
Rich and Yummy
Excellent taste. Easy to make. Only reason for the 4 is that the bottom crust was very crumby, didn't hold together well.
It has what we want...
Sweet, chocolatey, salty & great warm... what more is there?
Easy and delicious
Very easy to make and very tasty
Serving Size: 1/30 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 30
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 170
- Calories from Fat: 80
- Total Fat: 9g (13% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 5g (27% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 15mg (6% of DV)
- Sodium: 70mg (3% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 23g (8% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 1g (3% of DV)
- Sugars: 16g
- Protein: 2g
- Vitamin A: 4% of DV
- Vitamin C: 0% of DV
- Calcium: 4% of DV
- Iron: 2% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.