A rich and creamy chocolate filling topped with delicious chocolate chunks.
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups (11.5-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chunks, divided
- 1 can (14 oz.) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
PREHEAT oven to 350º F. Grease 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
BEAT butter in large mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in flour, sugar and salt until crumbly. With floured fingers, press 2 cups crumb mixture onto bottom of prepared baking pan; reserve remaining mixture.
BAKE for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
COMBINE 1 cup chunks and sweetened condensed milk in small, heavy-duty saucepan. Warm over low heat, stirring until smooth. Stir in vanilla extract. Spread over hot crust.
STIR nuts and remaining chunks into reserved crumb mixture; sprinkle over chocolate filling. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until center is set. Cool in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars.
Review This Recipe
Chocolate layer crumb bars
This receipe is similar to the 7-layer bar recipe. However, this one is obviously much better. Thanks for once again, providing us with great recipes.
Read More Reviews