Coconut, pecans and chocolate chips take chocolate cake mix to new heights. Combined with sweetened condensed milk, these cake-like Chocolate Macaroon Squares will please even the most discerning chocolate enthusiast.
- 1 pkg. (18.25 oz.) chocolate cake mix
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 can (14 oz.) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups flaked sweetened coconut, divided
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup (6 oz.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
PREHEAT oven to 350° F.
COMBINE cake mix, butter and egg in large bowl; mix with fork until crumbly. Press onto bottom of ungreased 13 x 9-inch baking pan. Combine sweetened condensed milk, egg and vanilla extract in medium bowl; beat until well blended. Stir in 1 cup coconut, nuts and morsels.
SPREAD mixture evenly over base; sprinkle with remaining coconut. Bake for 28 to 30 minutes or until center is almost set (center will firm when cool). Cool in pan on wire rack.
Review This Recipe
Chocolate Macaroon Squares
Wow! These were great. Two of my favorite ingredients and everybody loved them. They were very easy to prepare too.
Read More Reviews