These delicious Chocolate Malt Cupcakes with Malted Buttercream will be a treat everyone will remember.
- CHOCOLATE MALT CUPCAKES
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Morsels
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup OVALTINE Classic Malt Mix or Chocolate Malt Mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- MALTED BUTTERCREAM
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons OVALTINE Classic Malt Mix or Chocolate Malt Mix
- 2 tablespoons lowfat milk
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- Chopped malt balls (optional)
FOR CHOCOLATE MALT CUPCAKES:
PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Line 12-cup standard-size muffin tin with cupcake liners.
MELT butter and morsels in large, microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH (100%) power for 1 minute; stir with whisk for a couple of minutes until melted and smooth. Whisk in sugar and Ovaltine until smooth. Whisk in eggs.
COMBINE flour, baking powder and salt in bowl; stir. Gradually stir into chocolate mixture. Fold in sour cream. Spoon evenly into prepared cups.
BAKE for 20 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in cupcake comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes in pan on wire rack; remove to wire rack to cool completely. Pipe malted buttercream on cupcakes; sprinkle with chopped malt balls.
FOR MALTED BUTTERCREAM:
BEAT butter in large mixer bowl until creamy and fluffy. Combine Ovaltine and milk in small bowl; stir until Ovaltine is dissolved. Beat into butter. Gradually beat in powdered sugar until creamy.