Chocolate Mint Drop Cookies make a perfect after-dinner sweet treat.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened, (we recommend Land O Lakes® Butter)
- 1/2 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Baking Cocoa
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 144 (approximately) small pastel dessert mints or candy corn
PREHEAT oven to 350° F.
BEAT 1 cup sugar and butter in large mixer bowl until well mixed. Add cocoa, egg, vanilla extract, baking powder and baking soda; beat until well mixed. Gradually beat in flour. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in 2 tablespoons sugar. Place 2-inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
BAKE for 9 to 11 minutes or until set. Immediately press 3 mints on top of each cookie. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Review This Recipe
I first made these two years ago for a Christmas party at work. Since then I've had many requests for them and now they have become a Christmas tradition for us. Easy and excellent!
Read More Reviews