Chocolate Mudslide Frozen Pie can be taken along to a party or served as an after-dinner delight. Chocolate crumb crust is spread with a mixture of sour cream, melted chocolate morsels and coffee. Covering that is a whipped topping followed by a sprinkling of mini chocolate morsels. Delicious!
- 1 prepared 9-inch (6 ounces) chocolate crumb crust
- 1 cup (6 ounces) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1 teaspoon NESCAFÉ TASTER'S CHOICE House Blend 100% Pure Instant Coffee Granules
- 1 teaspoon hot water
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Baking Cocoa
- 2 tablespoons NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Morsels
MELT 1 cup morsels in small, heavy-duty saucepan over lowest possible heat. When morsels begin to melt, remove from heat; stir. Return to heat for a few seconds at a time, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat; cool for 10 minutes.
COMBINE coffee granules and water in medium bowl. Add sour cream, granulated sugar and vanilla extract; stir until sugar is dissolved. Stir in melted chocolate until smooth. Spread into crust; refrigerate.
BEAT cream, powdered sugar and cocoa in small mixer bowl until stiff peaks form. Spread or pipe over chocolate layer. Sprinkle with mini morsels. Freeze for at least 6 hours or until firm.
Review This Recipe
My oldest son really enjoyed making this pie and sharing it with his friends. Supurb!!
Read More Reviews