Chocolate Oatmeal Chippers make a tasty and fun surprise in a lunch box and they take less than 30 minutes to prepare.
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Baking Cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 3/4 cups (11.5-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Milk Chocolate Morsels
- 1 3/4 cups quick or old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
PREHEAT oven to 375° F.
COMBINE flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Beat butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in eggs. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels, oats and nuts. Drop dough by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
BAKE for 9 to 12 minutes or until edges are set but centers are still soft. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
BAR COOKIE VARIATION:
PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Grease 15 x 10-inch jelly-roll pan. Prepare dough as above. Spread into prepared pan. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Cool in pan on wire rack. Makes about 4 dozen bars.
Review This Recipe
These cookies were soooo good my mother in law made them for the holidays last year and I have been trying to find the recipe ...you have to make them you will love them.
Read More Reviews