Chocolate-Peanut Butter Cake with Baby Ruth Frosting is the perfect combination. This recipe works great with left over holiday candy, and by using chocolate cake mix, is a snap to make.
- 1 package (18.25 oz.) chocolate cake mix
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 6 (2.1 oz ea) NESTLÉ BABY RUTH Candy Bars, chopped
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine
- 1 cup NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut (optional)
- 1/2 cup dry-roasted peanuts, chopped
- 2 large egg yolks
PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Lightly grease and flour 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
PREPARE cake mix batter according to package directions, adding peanut butter before mixing. Pour into prepared pan.
BAKE for 30 to 40 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
PLACE chopped Baby Ruth and butter in medium, heavy-duty saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring frequently, until Baby Ruth is melted. Combine evaporated milk, sugar, coconut, peanuts and egg yolks in medium bowl. Add to Baby Ruth mixture. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, for about 10 minutes or until thickened. Cool in refrigerator for 30 minutes; stir.
FROST cake with Baby Ruth frosting. Refrigerate cake until ready to serve.
Review This Recipe
Family loved it
I made this cake for a family reunion. I had an empty pan to take home, everyone loved it.
Read More Reviews