For an afternoon snack or a family gathering, try these elegant Chocolate Pretzel Coconut Layer Bar cookies. They are chunk full of pecans, chocolate morsels, butterscotch morsels and coconut! Created by Julie Hubbs of Greenfield, Minnesota.
- 1 pkg. (18.25 oz.) German chocolate cake mix
- 1/2 cup crushed pretzels
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- 1 cup (6 oz.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1 cup (6 oz.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Butterscotch Flavored Morsels
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 can (14 oz.) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Sweetened Condensed Milk
PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Grease 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
COMBINE cake mix, pretzels, butter and egg in large bowl; stir until well mixed. Press pretzel mixture into bottom of prepared pan.
BAKE for 15 minutes or until crust puffs and appears dry. Cool in pan on wire rack for 5 minutes.
LAYER semi-sweet morsels, butterscotch morsels, coconut and nuts. Pour sweetened condensed milk over nuts.
BAKE for 30 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars.
Review This Recipe
Chocolate Pretzel Bars
I always have pretzels on hand, so this is a good quick dessert to make when I need one on short notice.
Read More Reviews