Chocolate Raisinets Shortbread Tart
This very special Chocolate Raisinets Shortbread Tart is the perfect end to a festive brunch, lunch or dinner. This delightful dessert features a rich combination of semi-sweet chocolate morsels and dark chocolate-covered raisins.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup (6 ounces) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup (5 ounces) NESTLÉ RAISINETS Dark Chocolate or Milk Chocolate-Covered Raisins
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
MICROWAVE morsels in small, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 1 minute; STIR. Morsels may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until smooth. Cool slightly.
BEAT butter in large mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in brown sugar until incorporated. Beat in melted morsels. Gradually beat in flour and cinnamon until blended. Stir in Raisinets (mixture will be crumbly).
PRESS dough onto bottom of prepared tart pan, pushing down firmly and into side of pan.
BAKE on the center rack of oven for 20 minutes or until set (center should slightly puff up). Immediately sprinkle with granulated sugar. Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove rim of pan; cut into wedges. Cool completely. Store in airtight container.
VARIATION: For an orange twist, beat 1/2 teaspoon orange extract with butter and brown sugar, and then proceed with recipe.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Be the first to review this recipe!
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Serving Size: 1/12 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 290
- Calories from Fat: 140
- Total Fat: 15g (23% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 9g (47% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 20mg (7% of DV)
- Sodium: 60mg (2% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 39g (13% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 2g (9% of DV)
- Sugars: 26g
- Protein: 3g
- Vitamin A: 4% of DV
- Vitamin C: 0% of DV
- Calcium: 2% of DV
- Iron: 6% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.