These Chocolate Raspberry Streusel Squares make a great dessert for a party or a potluck.
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups Quaker® Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter or margarine, chilled and cut into pieces
- 3/4 cup raspberry preserves or jam (about 10 oz.)
- 1 cup (6 oz.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds (optional)
- 1/2 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels, melted (optional)
PREHEAT oven to 375° F.
COMBINE flour, oats, sugars, baking powder and salt in large bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender or two knives until mixture is crumbly. Reserve 1 cup oat mixture for streusel. Press remaining oat mixture onto bottom of ungreased 8-inch square baking pan.
BAKE for 10 minutes. Transfer to wire rack.
SPREAD preserves evenly over hot crust to within 1/2 inch of edges. Sprinkle evenly with 1 cup morsels. Combine reserved oat mixture and almonds, if desired; sprinkle over morsels, patting gently.
BAKE for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Drizzle with melted chocolate, if desired. Let chocolate set before cutting into squares. Store tightly covered.
Review This Recipe
Love the taste of the raspberry and chocolate together. Fun and easy to make.
This recipe was wonderful however I did use white chocolate instead. They came out awesome.
Better without the chocolate
I made this using seedless black raspberry jam. I did not wait for it to cool down to cut into squares; I only waited until it was cool enough not to burn my mouth! I think it's an excellent dessert but it would have been better without the chocolate.
Chocolate and rasberries are one of the best combonations. This is one of my favorite deserts to make.
My husband loves chocolate and raspberry together and this is a wonderful and easy way to get these flavors to merge.
Chocolate Raspberry Streusel Squares
Although these squares didn't turn out exactly as I thought they would, I was delighted with the results. They were easy to make and had great flavor.