Chocolate Rocky Road Bars are brownie-like chocolate bars smothered with marshmallows, walnuts and chocolate chips and make a terrific and easy-to-make dessert.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter (we recommend LAND O LAKES® Butter), softened
- 1/3 cup (2 oz.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, pecans or peanuts
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup (3 oz.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 2 teaspoons vegetable shortening
PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Grease 8-inch-square baking pan.
MELT butter and 1/3 cup morsels in medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly, until melted (about 4 to 5 minutes). Remove from heat. Stir in sugar, flour, nuts, eggs and vanilla extract until well mixed. Spread into prepared baking pan.
BAKE for 25 to 30 minutes or until sides of bars begin to pull away from edges of pan. Sprinkle with marshmallows. Continue baking for 3 minutes.
COMBINE 1/2 cup morsels and vegetable shortening in small, microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH for 1 minute, stirring occasionally, until melted. Drizzle bars with chocolate. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars.
Review This Recipe
These bars were a hit with everyone. They also looked very attractive on a platter of mixed cookies. Everyone went for them first--what a surprise!! When I give them as holiday gifts, mixed with other fancy seasonal cookies, I wrap them individually in plastic wrap so they don't stick to the other cookies. They also stay fresh longer that way.
Read More Reviews