Topped with fluffy whipped cream and a sprinkling of cocoa, Chocolate Shamrock Bread Pudding is a great way to celebrate on St. Patrick's Day (or any day!).
- 10 slices bread, cubed (6 cups)
- 2 cans (12 fl. oz. each) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk
- 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels, divided
- 8 large egg yolks, beaten
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup Irish cream liqueur
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Whipped cream (optional)
- NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Baking Cocoa
PREHEAT oven to 350º F. Grease 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Place bread cubes in prepared baking dish.
HEAT evaporated milk in medium saucepan over MEDIUM-HIGH heat; bring just to a boil. Remove from heat. Add 1 1/2 cups morsels; whisk until smooth.
COMBINE egg yolks, sugar, liqueur and salt in large bowl. Slowly add milk mixture; whisk until smooth. Pour over bread; pressing bread into milk mixture.
BAKE for 35 to 40 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Top with remaining 1/2 cup morsels. Serve warm with a dollop of whipped cream and dusting of cocoa, if desired.
• Can be made without liqueur for a delicious chocolate bread pudding.
• This recipe can also be made with NESTLEÒ CARNATIONÒ Evaporated Fat Free Milk.
• Leftover egg whites can be used to create Confetti Frittata, Mini Morsel Meringue Cookies or Good-for-You Choc Oat Chip Cookies featured on VeryBestBaking.com.
Review This Recipe
This recipe combines two of my faves...chocolate and bread pudding. Can't wait to get home and try it out.
Read More Reviews