Topped with fluffy whipped cream and a sprinkling of cocoa, Chocolate Shamrock Bread Pudding is a great way to celebrate on St. Patrick's Day (or any day!).
- 10 slices bread, cubed (6 cups)
- 2 cans (12 fl. oz. each) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk
- 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels, divided
- 8 large egg yolks, beaten
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup Irish cream liqueur
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Whipped cream (optional)
- NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Baking Cocoa
PREHEAT oven to 350º F. Grease 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Place bread cubes in prepared baking dish.
HEAT evaporated milk in medium saucepan over MEDIUM-HIGH heat; bring just to a boil. Remove from heat. Add 1 1/2 cups morsels; whisk until smooth.
COMBINE egg yolks, sugar, liqueur and salt in large bowl. Slowly add milk mixture; whisk until smooth. Pour over bread; pressing bread into milk mixture.
BAKE for 35 to 40 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Top with remaining 1/2 cup morsels. Serve warm with a dollop of whipped cream and dusting of cocoa, if desired.
• Can be made without liqueur for a delicious chocolate bread pudding.
• This recipe can also be made with NESTLEÒ CARNATIONÒ Evaporated Fat Free Milk.
• Leftover egg whites can be used to create Confetti Frittata, Mini Morsel Meringue Cookies or Good-for-You Choc Oat Chip Cookies featured on VeryBestBaking.com.
Review This Recipe
Great Idea for a different type of bread pudding
I love bread pudding, so it is great to have different types to serve. Also great to serve during our St Paddy Days get together.
Read More Reviews