Chocolate Shamrock Bread Pudding
Topped with fluffy whipped cream and a sprinkling of cocoa, Chocolate Shamrock Bread Pudding is a great way to celebrate on St. Patrick's Day (or any day!).
- 10 slices bread, cubed (6 cups)
- 2 cans (12 fl. oz. each) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk
- 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels, divided
- 8 large egg yolks, beaten
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup Irish cream liqueur
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Whipped cream (optional)
- NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Baking Cocoa
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
HEAT evaporated milk in medium saucepan over MEDIUM-HIGH heat; bring just to a boil. Remove from heat. Add 1 1/2 cups morsels; whisk until smooth.
COMBINE egg yolks, sugar, liqueur and salt in large bowl. Slowly add milk mixture; whisk until smooth. Pour over bread; pressing bread into milk mixture.
BAKE for 35 to 40 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Top with remaining 1/2 cup morsels. Serve warm with a dollop of whipped cream and dusting of cocoa, if desired.
• Can be made without liqueur for a delicious chocolate bread pudding.
• This recipe can also be made with NESTLEÒ CARNATIONÒ Evaporated Fat Free Milk.
• Leftover egg whites can be used to create Confetti Frittata, Mini Morsel Meringue Cookies or Good-for-You Choc Oat Chip Cookies featured on VeryBestBaking.com.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
I love bread pudding and I love chocolate. A friend made this and said the recipe came from here. Now I can make it myself.
This was something every one of my guests had a lot to say about. They all thoiught it was wonderful. Very easy to make.
just like moms
I saw this and remember that my mother made that, always wondered how to make it, now I know and its on my favorite list.
WHEN MY CHILDREN WERE LITTLE,I MADE BREAD PUDDING ABOUT ONCE OR TWICE A MONTH. THEY ENJOYED IT SO MUCH.NOW THAT THEY ARE GROWN I NEVER MAKE IT.I'D LIKE TO MAKE IT AGAIN WITH THE HELP OF MY GRANDDAUGHTERS, THEY HAVE NEVER HAD BREAD PUDDING, IT WOULD BE FUN TO MAKE IT AGAIN AND RELIVE MY CHILDRENS CHILDHOOD BACK THEN IT WAS SO GOOD AND IT WILL BE AGAIN.
My grandmother made this same recipe for years. My dad always said it was the best. I made this and did not even know until he ate it. Said it brought back good memories of his mom.
Serving Size: 1/12 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 420
- Calories from Fat: 140
- Total Fat: 15g (24% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 9g (44% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 145mg (49% of DV)
- Sodium: 270mg (11% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 59g (20% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 3g (13% of DV)
- Sugars: 46g
- Protein: 10g
- Vitamin A: 8% of DV
- Vitamin C: 0% of DV
- Calcium: 20% of DV
- Iron: 6% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.