Butter cookie crunch topped with melted chocolate and strawberry make these shortbread bars delectable! They're sure to be a family favorite.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (12-ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels, divided
- 1/4 cup NESTLÉ ABUELITA Granulated Chocolate Drink Mix
- 1 can (14 ounces) NESTLÉ LA LECHERA Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 cup strawberry jam
- Powdered sugar for dusting (optional)
PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Grease 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
COMBINE butter, flour, sugar and salt in a large mixing bowl. Press dough onto bottom of prepared baking pan.
BAKE for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
MICROWAVE 1 cup morsels, Abuelita chocolate and sweetened condensed milk in a medium, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 1 minute; STIR. Morsels may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until morsels are melted. Spread over hot crust.
MICROWAVE jam in a small, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power at 30 second intervals until it is syrupy. Drizzle jam over chocolate mixture. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup morsels.
BAKE for 25 to 30 minutes or until center is set. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.