Chocolate Streusel Coffee Cake
Chocolate Streusel Coffee Cake is quite delicious and simple-to-make too! You'll love the flavor combinations of coffee and chocolate. Try this for brunch!
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1/3 cup chopped almonds
- 1 pkg. (18.25 oz.) yellow cake mix
- 1 tablespoon NESCAFÉ TASTER'S CHOICE House Blend 100% Pure Instant Coffee Granules, dissolved in 1/2 cup hot water, cooled
- 6 oz. NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Baking Bar, chopped, divided
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
MIX flour and sugar in medium bowl; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in nuts.
PREPARE cake mix according to package directions, substituting coffee for water. Pour batter into prepared baking pan. Sprinkle with half the chocolate, nut mixture and remaining chocolate.
BAKE for 35 to 40 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean; cool. Cut into squares.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
I missed it
I made this coffee cake after reading all the rave reviews. I followed the recipe, but found the cake dry, though better the next day. I like chocolate but found it overpowering. Maybe Kahlua would be a better sub for the coffee?
Easy & Tasty
The chocolate made this a better coffee cake and was a great addition to our packed lunches. Being so easy to make ensures we'll have it more often.
This cake was so easy and delicious. It reminds me of the recipe we used to make in high school, (only without the chocolate). My kids enjoy taking a piece in their lunch.
Fast & Easy
This coffee cake was so quick & easy to prepare & got rave reviews. It's now a standard in my home!
chocolate streusel coffee cake
this is so very good! I love the chocolate and the coffee together. And so easy to make. this is now one of our favorite ones new.
Serving Size: 1/16 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 270
- Calories from Fat: 100
- Total Fat: 11g (16% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 4.5g (24% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 10mg (3% of DV)
- Sodium: 230mg (10% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 43g (14% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: .5g (3% of DV)
- Sugars: 26g
- Protein: 4g
- Vitamin A: 2% of DV
- Vitamin C: 0% of DV
- Calcium: 4% of DV
- Iron: 8% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.