Chocolate Swirled Pink Peppermint Pie
Elegant Chocolate Swirled Pink Peppermint Pie is a festive choice for entertaining or special family meals. Bring out your inner artist by making festive swirls with the whipped topping. Great make-ahead option for entertaining.
- 1 cup (6 oz.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 2/3 cup (5 fl.-oz. can) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk, divided
- 2 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 5 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/8 teaspoon (8 to 10 drops) red food coloring
- 2 cups thawed, frozen whipped topping
- 1 (6 oz.) prepared 9-inch chocolate crumb crust
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
COMBINE marshmallows, remaining evaporated milk, water, salt, peppermint extract and food coloring in medium saucepan. Heat, stirring constantly, over medium-low heat, just until marshmallows melt and mixture is smooth. Remove from heat; transfer to a large bowl. Refrigerate for about 20 to 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes with wire whisk until slightly thickened, still fluid but not set. Gently fold in whipped topping until blended.
SPREAD half the peppermint mixture into pie shell. Dollop with half the chocolate mixture. With a knife, swirl chocolate mixture in a figure-eight pattern. Repeat procedure with remaining peppermint and chocolate mixtures. Refrigerate for 3 hours or until firm.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Be the first to review this recipe!
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Serving Size: 1/8 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 330
- Calories from Fat: 140
- Total Fat: 15g (23% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 9g (45% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 5mg (2% of DV)
- Sodium: 210mg (9% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 46g (15% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 2g (8% of DV)
- Sugars: 31g
- Protein: 4g
- Vitamin A: 0% of DV
- Vitamin C: 0% of DV
- Calcium: 6% of DV
- Iron: 6% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.