Chocolate Velvet Pie
Melting chocolate is the only cooking you'll do for this smooth and creamy chocolate pie. A great holiday pie without the hassle!
- 1 8-inch (6 oz.) prepared chocolate crumb crust
- 1 3/4 cups (11.5-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Milk Chocolate Morsels
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Sweetened whipped cream (optional)
- 2 oz. NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Baking Bar, made into curls *
- Chopped nuts (optional)
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
BEAT melted chocolate, cream cheese and vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl until light in color. Fold in whipped cream. Spoon into crust. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until firm. Top with sweetened whipped cream, chocolate curls and nuts.
Carefully draw a vegetable peeler across edge of a bar of NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Velvet Choc. pie
In my family I am the go to person for yummy desserts since I love to bake. I am always looking for something simple, yet delicious. This pie looks and tastes like a winner and I am going to surprise my family this Thanksgiving with one of these! Of course I made it beforehand so my kids could sample it at home. They gobbled it all up!
Our office had a Valentine Chocolate contest. I made this pie and won first prize.It was a big hit! Everyone asked for the recipe.
I made this recipe for my christmas party at work and it was a hit.
traditional choc. pie
I think I found my next pie for thanksgiving.
Cocolate Velvet pie
I made this for my grown son's birthday. I piped whipped topping on the top and used raspberries as garnish and chocolate curls. It was very pretty and tasted as good as it looked. A very easy and yummy recipe to make. i will make this recipe again.
Serving Size: 1/8 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 500
- Calories from Fat: 330
- Total Fat: 37g (57% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 20g (98% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 60mg (20% of DV)
- Sodium: 230mg (10% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 44g (15% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: .5g (3% of DV)
- Sugars: 33g
- Protein: 4g
- Vitamin A: 15% of DV
- Vitamin C: 0% of DV
- Calcium: 4% of DV
- Iron: 6% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.