Chocolate Walnut Pie Bars are truly a treat and feature a rich concoction of chocolate and nuts on a shortbread-like base.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped walnuts
PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
BEAT flour, butter and brown sugar in a small mixing bowl until crumbly. Press onto bottom of prepared baking pan.
BAKE for 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
BEAT eggs, corn syrup, granulated sugar, butter and vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl. Stir in morsels and nuts; pour over hot crust.
BAKE for 25 to 30 minutes or until set. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
Review This Recipe
Chocolate Walnut Pie Bars
Made these yesterday for some friends who visited last night. These were sooo good. Not too sweet as some nut pies are. Friends wanted the recipe. I will definitely make these again.
Read More Reviews