Chocolate Walnut Pie Bars are truly a treat and feature a rich concoction of chocolate and nuts on a shortbread-like base.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped walnuts
PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
BEAT flour, butter and brown sugar in a small mixing bowl until crumbly. Press onto bottom of prepared baking pan.
BAKE for 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
BEAT eggs, corn syrup, granulated sugar, butter and vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl. Stir in morsels and nuts; pour over hot crust.
BAKE for 25 to 30 minutes or until set. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
Review This Recipe
Great for a quick dessert!
This was a perfect dessert to whip up quickly and at the last minute. The directions are simple and so are the ingredients. It's great for a cook out where there are other desserts because you can cut it in smaller blocks so people can enjoy a small taste. Everyone loved it!
Read More Reviews