Chocolate Zucchini Cupcakes
Abuelita adds a hint of cinnamon to these double chocolate cupcakes, and zucchini adds moisture without changing the luscious chocolate flavor. It's sure to become one of your favorite recipes for a chocolate treat.
- 1 cup white whole-wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablet NESTLÉ ABUELITA Chocolate OR 1/2 cup NESTLÉ ABUELITA Granulated Chocolate Drink Mix
- 1/4 cup NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk or NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1/4 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Baking Cocoa
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup grated zucchini (about 2 medium)
- Powdered sugar (optional)
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
COMBINE flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
MELT Abuelita chocolate and evaporated milk in a medium saucepan over medium heat until smooth. Cool slightly. Stir in cocoa, sugar, oil, egg whites and vanilla extract. Stir into flour mixture; fold in zucchini. Spoon batter evenly into cupcake liners.
BAKE for 15 to 20 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Sprinkle with powdered sugar, if desired.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Be the first to review this recipe!
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Serving Size: 1/12 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 160
- Calories from Fat: 60
- Total Fat: 6g (10% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 1.5g (6% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 0mg (0% of DV)
- Sodium: 240mg (10% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 23g (8% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 1g (6% of DV)
- Sugars: 15g
- Protein: 3g
- Vitamin A: 0% of DV
- Vitamin C: 2% of DV
- Calcium: 4% of DV
- Iron: 4% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.