Chorizo and Beef Burgers with Queso Fresco and Chipotle Dressing
Chorizo adds extra flavor to the burger patties while the chipotle dressing rounds out the burger experience. Try these at your next backyard BBQ and they will be a quick favorite.
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 5 ounces pork chorizo
- 1 teaspoon MAGGI Granulated Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- 6 hamburger buns, toasted if desired
- 6 romaine lettuce leaves
- 5 ounces queso fresco, sliced
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup plain lowfat yogurt
- 1/4 cup NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk
- 1/2 chipotle chile in adobo sauce from a can, seeds removed, plus 1 tablespoon adobo sauce
- Juice from 1/2 a lime
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon MAGGI Granulated Chicken Flavor Bouillon
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
COMBINE ground beef and chorizo in a large bowl. Mix with hands and shape 6 (3-inch) patties. Set aside.
HEAT a large skillet over medium heat. Place meat patties in skillet; cook for 4 to 5 minutes on each side. Place on a large paper towel-lined plate.
COMBINE yogurt, evaporated milk, chipotle chile, adobo sauce, lime juice, garlic and bouillon in a blender or food processor; cover. Blend until smooth. Transfer to a serving container. Cover; refrigerate until ready to serve.
ASSEMBLE burgers using 2 tablespoons dressing on the bottom buns and layering a lettuce leaf, meat patty, queso fresco, tomato slices and onion slices. Store any remaining dressing in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Be the first to review this recipe!
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Serving Size: 1/6 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 560
- Calories from Fat: 300
- Total Fat: 33g (51% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 13g (66% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 110mg (36% of DV)
- Sodium: 1240mg (52% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 28g (9% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 2g (7% of DV)
- Sugars: 6g
- Protein: 36g
- Vitamin A: 20% of DV
- Vitamin C: 15% of DV
- Calcium: 20% of DV
- Iron: 25% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.