Chorizo adds extra flavor to the burger patties while the chipotle dressing rounds out the burger experience. Try these at your next backyard BBQ and they will be a quick favorite.
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 5 ounces pork chorizo
- 1 teaspoon MAGGI Granulated Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- 6 hamburger buns, toasted if desired
- 6 romaine lettuce leaves
- 5 ounces queso fresco, sliced
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup plain lowfat yogurt
- 1/4 cup NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk
- 1/2 chipotle chile in adobo sauce from a can, seeds removed, plus 1 tablespoon adobo sauce
- Juice from 1/2 a lime
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon MAGGI Granulated Chicken Flavor Bouillon
COMBINE ground beef and chorizo in a large bowl. Mix with hands and shape 6 (3-inch) patties. Set aside.
HEAT a large skillet over medium heat. Place meat patties in skillet; cook for 4 to 5 minutes on each side. Place on a large paper towel-lined plate.
COMBINE yogurt, evaporated milk, chipotle chile, adobo sauce, lime juice, garlic and bouillon in a blender or food processor; cover. Blend until smooth. Transfer to a serving container. Cover; refrigerate until ready to serve.
ASSEMBLE burgers using 2 tablespoons dressing on the bottom buns and layering a lettuce leaf, meat patty, queso fresco, tomato slices and onion slices. Store any remaining dressing in an airtight container in the refrigerator.