Chorizo Corn Chowder
The chorizo and corn in this chowder add robust flavors to the recipe. Try it as a starter, main course or side.
- 14 ounces pork chorizo, casing removed
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups frozen whole-kernel corn
- 2 small russet potatoes, cooked, peeled and chopped
- 3 teaspoons MAGGI Instant Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 can (7.6 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ Table Cream
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
HEAT oil in large stockpot over medium heat. Add onions; cook, stirring frequently, for 5 to 6 minutes or until onions are tender. Stir in chorizo, water, corn, potatoes, bouillon and cumin seed. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 to 15 minutes or until mixture comes to a boil. Stir in cream and cilantro. Cook, stirring frequently, for 2 to 4 minutes or until heated through.
TRANSFER 2 cups to blender; cover. Carefully blend on low speed until smooth. Return to stockpot; stir to blend.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Be the first to review this recipe!
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Serving Size: 1/6 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.