Chorizo and Corn Stuffed Butternut Squash is an exceptional way to add flavor and elegance to a basic squash side dish.
- 3 medium butternut squash, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 2 teaspoons MAGGI Granulated Chicken Flavor Bouillon, divided
- 12 ounces pork or beef Mexican chorizo, casing removed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 pasilla chile, seeded and chopped
- 1 can (14 ounces) corn kernels
- Crumbled Cotija cheese
- NESTLÉ Media Crema
PREHEAT oven to 400° F. Grease large baking sheet.
PLACE squash halves on prepared baking sheet flesh-side-up; sprinkle 1 teaspoon bouillon evenly on squash halves. Cover lightly with foil.
BAKE for 1 hour or until flesh is fork-tender. Remove from oven; set aside (don’t turn oven off).
COOK chorizo in medium skillet over medium heat, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes or until cooked through. Add onion, garlic, chile and remaining 1 teaspoon bouillon. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes or until onion is tender. Add corn; cook for 1 minute. Stuff squash halves evenly with chorizo mixture.
BAKE for an additional 15 to 20 minutes or until filling is warmed through and slightly browned. Serve warm topped with cheese and media crema.