Chorizo Rice features delicate flavors of oregano and cumin combined with onions and garlic in a lusty tomato sauce. Peas, added at the end, create a colorful addition. This is a perfect meal for a chilly evening and everyone will want more.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 ounces hard-cured chorizo, sliced
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 cups water
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 MAGGI Chicken Flavor and Tomato Bouillon Tablets, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cups long-grain rice
- 2 cups frozen peas, defrosted
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
ADD water, tomato sauce, bouillon, oregano and cumin. Mix well until bouillon is dissolved; stir in rice. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low. Cover; cook for 30 minutes or until liquid has evaporated and rice is tender. Stir in peas; cook for 2 minutes. Serve immediately.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Be the first to review this recipe!
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Serving Size: 1/8 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.