This beautiful Christmas Eve Salad has vibrant colors and amazing flavor combinations that will make it a real crowd pleaser. Pomegranate seeds, peanuts and cilantro make an exceptional garnish.
- SWEET CREAM DRESSING
- 1 cup NESTLÉ Media Crema
- 3 tablespoons fresh orange or lime juice
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, or to taste
- 1 head romaine lettuce, leaves washed and shredded
- 4 medium beets, cooked, peeled and thinly sliced (about 4 cups)
- 1/2 large jicama, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 2 red apples, thinly sliced
- 3 oranges, peeled and cut into wedges, or 3 cups mandarin orange segments
- 3/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh cilantro
FOR SWEET CREAM DRESSING:
COMBINE media crema, orange juice and sugar in small bowl; stir well to combine.
ARRANGE shredded lettuce leaves over large serving platter or on bottom of a large salad bowl.
TOP with beets, jicama, apples and orange wedges. Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds, peanuts and cilantro.
SERVE with sweet cream dressing.
Cook’s Tip: Apple and jicama slices can be brushed or lightly coated with orange juice to keep from browning.