Christmas Eve Salad
This beautiful Christmas Eve Salad has vibrant colors and amazing flavor combinations that will make it a real crowd pleaser. Pomegranate seeds, peanuts and cilantro make an exceptional garnish.
- SWEET CREAM DRESSING
- 1 cup NESTLÉ Media Crema
- 3 tablespoons fresh orange or lime juice
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, or to taste
- 1 head romaine lettuce, leaves washed and shredded
- 4 medium beets, cooked, peeled and thinly sliced (about 4 cups)
- 1/2 large jicama, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 2 red apples, thinly sliced
- 3 oranges, peeled and cut into wedges, or 3 cups mandarin orange segments
- 3/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh cilantro
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
COMBINE media crema, orange juice and sugar in small bowl; stir well to combine.
ARRANGE shredded lettuce leaves over large serving platter or on bottom of a large salad bowl.
TOP with beets, jicama, apples and orange wedges. Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds, peanuts and cilantro.
SERVE with sweet cream dressing.
Cook’s Tip: Apple and jicama slices can be brushed or lightly coated with orange juice to keep from browning.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Be the first to review this recipe!
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Serving Size: 1/10 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 240
- Calories from Fat: 100
- Total Fat: 11g (17% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 4.5g (23% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 15mg (5% of DV)
- Sodium: 210mg (9% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 33g (11% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 8g (32% of DV)
- Sugars: 22g
- Protein: 5g
- Vitamin A: 25% of DV
- Vitamin C: 60% of DV
- Calcium: 4% of DV
- Iron: 8% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.