- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups quick or old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup raspberry or strawberry preserves
- 1 3/4 cups (11.5-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chunks
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts
PREHEAT oven to 375º F. Grease a 9-inch-square baking pan.
COMBINE flour, oats, granulated sugar, brown sugar, baking powder and salt in large bowl. Cut in butter with a pastry blender or two knives until crumbly; reserve 3/4 cup oat mixture for topping. Press remaining oat mixture into prepared baking pan. Spread preserves over crust; sprinkle with chunks.
COMBINE reserved oat mixture and nuts; sprinkle over chunks. Pat down lightly.
BAKE for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely in pan until chocolate is firm, or refrigerate for 30 minutes to speed cooling. Cut into squares.
Review This Recipe
I made this tonight for my family. I omitted the chocolate and it was terrific. They were all gone in a few minutes. I will definitely be making them again. Thank you.
Read More Reviews