Chutney is a tasty east Indian condiment that lends itself well to other dishes and cuisines. Here, it spices up a chunky salsa, making it a great complement to any main dish. Look for chutney in the pickle or condiment aisle of your supermarket.
- 3/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2/3 cup canned black beans, drained
- 1/2 cup hot mango or Major Grey's chutney, chopped
- 1/3 cup whole-kernel corn, drained
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon diced green chiles
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 4 to 6 drops hot pepper sauce (optional)
- Baked tortilla chips or pita bread wedges (optional)
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
LET STAND at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving. Serve with tortilla chips or pita bread wedges.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
This salsa is so flavorful and easy to make! Every time I make it I always get asked for the recipe. Highly recommended!
its so tasty and chunky...i made it for the superbowl sunday and the guys loved it with chips!
Serving Size: 1/8 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 60
- Calories from Fat: 15
- Total Fat: 1.5g (3% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 0g (0% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 0mg (0% of DV)
- Sodium: 240mg (10% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 12g (4% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 2g (7% of DV)
- Sugars: 1g
- Protein: 1g
- Vitamin A: 10% of DV
- Vitamin C: 45% of DV
- Calcium: 2% of DV
- Iron: 4% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.