Cilantro Chicken Tacos are perfect for cilantro-loving guests. Ready in 30 minutes, this easy-to-make main dish is a great alternative to sandwiches.
- 3 cups fresh cilantro or parsley leaves
- 1 can (7.6 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ Media Crema
- 1 cup water
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 4 teaspoons MAGGI Granulated Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 5 to 6 (about 1 1/2 pounds total) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cooked and kept warm (shredded, if desired)
- Warm corn tortillas
- Finely diced tomatoes, onions, green bell peppers and chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
PLACE 3 cups cilantro, media crema, water, garlic and bouillon in blender; cover. Blend until smooth.
MELT butter in medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in flour until smooth. Stir in cilantro mixture. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil and thickens slightly. Season with ground black pepper, if desired.
POUR sauce over chicken breasts. Serve with warm corn tortillas, diced tomatoes, onions, green bell peppers and chopped cilantro.
Review This Recipe
How about slices?
Instead of leaving the chicken breast whole, and placing in the tortilla, why not slice it up and saute' it with onions, peppers, etc. And then add slices and veggies in the tortilla with the cilanto sauce.
I haven't tried the recipe, but just looking at it made me want to change it a little. It does sound very good the way it is. Just thinking it might be a little easier to eat.
Read More Reviews