Cilantro Cream Sauce over Chicken
Easy-to-make Cilantro Cream Sauce over Chicken features great flavors. Try this tasty sauce for special entertaining events and your guests will be impressed.
- 6 to 8 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cooked and kept warm
- 2 cups loosely packed fresh cilantro
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons MAGGI Granulated Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Ground black pepper to taste
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
MELT butter in medium saucepan over medium heat. Remove from heat. Stir in flour, stirring constantly until smooth. Stir in cilantro mixture. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil and thickens slightly. Season to taste with pepper.
POUR sauce over chicken breasts.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
My son said it had no taste what soever. It was not not having to use full cream like other recipes but it needs something to flavor it up more.
It is okay.
I know that cilantro is very popular, and I keep trying differnt things with it, but I find I just don't care for it. Nothing against the recipe, just not a fan of one key ingredient.
It is delicious!
The cilantro sauce is scrumptious. My family loves it and asks for it often.
After reading all the reviews, I've decided to make this for dinner tonight. I have all the ingredients since I shopped yesterday. I will take the advice of many of the reviewers and zip up the spice factor. The fact it had cilantro was what made me want to try this. I bought a bunch and wasn't sure what I would do with it. Now I know! My husband says I have taste buds in my brain since I can read a recipe and have a close idea of what it will taste like.
I love all the ingredients in this recipe, but my favorite is the amount of cilantro. I use cilantro on salads and burgers. This recipe is awesome!
Serving Size: 1/6 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 330
- Calories from Fat: 120
- Total Fat: 14g (21% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 8g (38% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 130mg (43% of DV)
- Sodium: 380mg (16% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 9g (3% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 0g (0% of DV)
- Sugars: 6g
- Protein: 40g
- Vitamin A: 10% of DV
- Vitamin C: 2% of DV
- Calcium: 20% of DV
- Iron: 8% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.