These Citrus Buttermilk Muffins are no ordinary muffins! What sets these apart are the addition of smooth buttermilk, the fresh juice and peel of oranges and chocolate covered raisins. The citrus glaze topping adds a flavor flourish to these delicious muffins. Great for work snacks, brunch, lunch or a special treat any time of day.
- Nonstick cooking spray or paper baking liners
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup NESTLÉ RAISINETS Dark or Milk Chocolate-Covered Raisins
- ORANGE GLAZE
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
PREHEAT oven to 375° F. Spray 12 muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray or line with paper liners.
COMBINE granulated sugar and orange peel in small bowl. Rub together with your fingers until fragrant. Whisk together flour, orange sugar mixture, brown sugar, baking powder and salt in large bowl. Stir together melted butter, eggs, buttermilk and vanilla extract in medium bowl until well blended. Make a well in the center of flour mixture. Pour liquid mixture into the well; gently stir until combined. Fold in Raisinets. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
BAKE for 17 to 20 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in muffins comes out clean. While the muffins are baking, make the orange glaze. Drizzle the glaze over the muffins while they are still warm. Allow the glaze to set before serving.
FOR ORANGE GLAZE:
COMBINE orange juice, powdered sugar and orange peel in a small bowl. Whisk together until smooth, adding more juice if necessary until desired consistency.