Refreshing Citrus Cheesecake Bars are great for entertaining or special family gatherings. Garnish with thinly sliced lime peel or grated lemon zest for extra color and flair.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 package (8 ounces) light cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 can (14 ounces) NESTLÉ CARNATION or NESTLÉ LA LECHERA Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed lime or lemon juice
- 1 to 2 tablespoons grated lime or lemon peel
- Powdered sugar
- Additional lime peel for garnish
PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Line 8- or 9-inch-square baking pan with foil, making sure edges fold over pan. Spray with nonstick cooking spray.
COMBINE flour, butter, granulated sugar, salt and lemon peel in medium bowl; stir to combine. Press firmly into prepared pan.
BAKE for 20 minutes or until golden. Cool on wire rack while making filling.
BEAT cream cheese in large mixer bowl until smooth. Beat in sweetened condensed milk. Stir in lime juice and lime peel. Pour into crust.
BAKE for 28 to 30 minutes or until edges puff slightly but center still moves slightly. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cover; refrigerate for several hours. Lift from pan with foil; cut into bars. Dust with powdered sugar; grate lime peel over bars.