Soy, ginger and orange juice give this Citrus Chicken recipe amazing flavors. Serve over greens or with your choice of pasta or rice. This versatile dish is perfect for entertaining or for more adventurous family meals.
- 1 cup fresh orange juice, divided
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallot
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon MAGGI Instant Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 4 (about 1 1/4 pounds total) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
HEAT 1 teaspoon oil in small saucepan over medium-high heat. Add shallot and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 2 minutes. Stir in remaining orange juice, water, soy sauce, bouillon and ginger. Bring to a boil; cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until reduced to about 1 cup. Stir in orange juice-cornstarch mixture; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute. Remove from heat.
MELT butter with remaining 1 teaspoon oil in large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook, turning once, for 8 to 10 minutes or until chicken is browned and no longer pink in center. Transfer to platter. Add sauce to skillet with drippings; bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring to scrape up any brown bits. Add chicken and any juices accumulated on platter back to skillet and turn to coat chicken with sauce.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
It's a fair recipe but you'll need more than a teaspoon of butter when frying the chicken breast. Also, depending on how lean your chicken is, putting the sauce back into the pan in which you fried your chicken is unnecessary.
Serving Size: 1/4 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 230
- Calories from Fat: 51
- Total Fat: 6g (9% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 2g (8% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 85mg (28% of DV)
- Sodium: 311mg (13% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 9g (3% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 0g (1% of DV)
- Sugars: 5g
- Protein: 34g
- Vitamin A: 5% of DV
- Vitamin C: 53% of DV
- Calcium: 3% of DV
- Iron: 7% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.