The great flavors in this Clam Chowder recipe make it perfect for lunch or dinner. The sauteed potatoes, carrots, celery and onions add extra flavor dimension to this favorite chowder.
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 cup peeled and finely chopped potato
- 1/4 cup peeled and finely chopped carrot
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cans (12 fl. oz. each) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 can (6.5 oz.) chopped or minced clams, undrained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
MELT butter in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add potato, carrot, celery and onion. Cook, stirring frequently, for 7 to 8 minutes or until potato is tender.
COMBINE evaporated milk and flour in small bowl until blended; add to vegetable mixture. Stir in clams and juice, salt, Worcestershire sauce and pepper. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, stirring frequently, for 15 to 20 minutes or until creamy and slightly thick.
Review This Recipe
I have tried many chowder recipes and find this one to be the best. Great flavour and best of all it has a nice consistency - Not thick like glue! It also looks much better than the picture indicates. Use 2% milk or higher.
Read More Reviews