Homemade clam chowder is actually quite easy to make and this version is no exception. It's full of fantastic flavor and comforting richness that is perfect for chilly evenings or a hearty lunch too. Serve this dish warm with toasted bread. Garnish with fresh chopped herbs.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cans (6.5 oz. each) chopped clams, drained, liquid reserved
- 3 cups milk
- 2 large russet potatoes, peeled and chopped (about 3 cups total)
- 1 can (7.6 fl. oz.) NESTLÉ Media Crema
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Hot pepper sauce (optional)
- BIMBO Double Fiber Toasted Bread or Toasted Bread
- Fresh herbs for garnish
MELT butter in large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring constantly, for 5 minutes or until softened.
STIR in reserved clam liquid, milk, potatoes, media crema, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cook, stirring occasionally, for 25 to 30 minutes or until potatoes are soft and soup is thickened. Stir in clams; cook until heated through. Add hot pepper sauce to taste.
SERVE warm with toasted bread. Garnish with herbs.