Enhance your classic meringue recipe by adding pleasing coffee flavors! Elegant and tasty!
- 3 large egg whites, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon NESCAFÉ CLÁSICO Pure Instant Coffee Granules
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- Ground cinnamon
PREHEAT oven to 275º F. Lightly grease baking sheets.
BEAT egg whites in large mixer bowl until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar, coffee granules, vanilla extract and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon; beat until sugar is dissolved. Gently fold in nuts. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets.
BAKE for 55 to 60 minutes or until meringues are dry and crisp. Cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely. Dust with additional cinnamon before serving.