Classic Pizza Margherita gets some great color from thinly sliced plum tomatoes and extra flavor from shredded mozzarella cheese and pesto sauce. This is perfect for all occasions.
- 1 (12-inch) pizza crust or Italian bread shell
- 3 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup BUITONI Refrigerated All Natural Pesto with Basil
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
PREHEAT oven to 450º F. Place pizza crust on baking sheet.
SPREAD pesto over pizza crust. Arrange tomatoes over pesto. Sprinkle with cheese and crushed red pepper.
BAKE for 10 to 12 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown. Cut into wedges.
Review This Recipe
It's the tomatoes!
During the baking at high heat the tomatoes develope a sweetness that makes this pizza a favorite here and everywhere I had it in Italy. Do like the Italians and go light on the cheese.
Read More Reviews