These cupcakes with "cobwebs" on the top make a perfect spooky treat for your favorite ghouls.
- 1 pkg. (18.25 oz.) devil's food or yellow cake mix
- 2 (2.1 oz. each) NESTLÉ BUTTERFINGER Candy Bar, chopped
- 1 container (16 oz.) prepared vanilla frosting
- 1 cup (6 oz.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1 small tube white decorator icing or gel
- 1 pkg. (1.38 oz.) NESTLÉ GOOBERS Milk Chocolate-Covered Peanuts
PREPARE cake mix batter according to package directions; add chopped Butterfinger to batter. Bake according to directions for 24 cupcakes. Cool completely. Frost cupcakes.
PLACE morsels in small, heavy-duty plastic bag. Microwave on HIGH (100%) power for 45 seconds; knead. Microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, kneading until smooth. Cut small corner from bag; squeeze to pipe concentric circles on top of frosting. Using wooden pick or tip of knife, pull tip through chocolate from center to last circle to create a cobweb effect.
MAKE 2 dots using decorator icing on each of 24 Goobers to resemble spider eyes. Place in center of each cobweb.
VARIATION: Substitute vanilla frosting with chocolate frosting. Substitute melted chocolate morsels with 2 small tubes white decorator icing or gel.
Review This Recipe
I made these for my son's fifth grade class Halloween party and now all of the kids want to come over to our house. They told him his mom was the best cook ever! And I was worried they wouldn't like them because all the other parents brought candy!
Read More Reviews