Coconut Curry Chicken Empanadas
Wonderful flavorful combinations make these Coconut Curry Chicken Empanadas an excellent choice for a special family meal or casual entertaining.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 teaspoons MAGGI Granulated Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 2/3 cup (5 fluid-ounce can) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 4 (about 1 1/4 pounds) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into very thin strips
- 24 empanada wrappers
- 1 large egg
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
HEAT remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a large, heavy-duty skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering. Increase heat to high; cook chicken, stirring frequently, for about 6 minutes or until no longer pink. Stir in the coconut curry sauce.
PREHEAT oven to 350° F.
PLACE 2 rounded tablespoons of mixture in center of each wrapper. Fold edge over filling to form a half circle. Crimp edges to seal. Place on baking sheet. Brush with beaten egg.
BAKE for 30 minutes or until golden. Serve warm.
Cook's Tip: For a quick meal, make extra chicken mixture and serve with rice.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Be the first to review this recipe!
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Serving Size: 1/24 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 390
- Calories from Fat: 190
- Total Fat: 21g (32% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 2.5g (12% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 25mg (8% of DV)
- Sodium: 110mg (5% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 28g (9% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 0g (0% of DV)
- Sugars: 3g
- Protein: 6g
- Vitamin A: 0% of DV
- Vitamin C: 2% of DV
- Calcium: 2% of DV
- Iron: 4% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.