Coconut-Lime Tres Leches Cake
Coconut-Lime Tres Leches Cake is rich and delicious and full of unforgettable flavors of lime and coconut. Three types of milk are used in this version of the classic Mexican cake.
- 1 box (18.25 ounces) white cake mix
- 3 limes
- 1 can (13.5 fluid ounces) light coconut milk
- 1 can (14 ounces) NESTLÉ LA LECHERA FAT FREE Sweetened Condensed Milk or NESTLÉ CARNATION Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2/3 cup (5 fluid-ounce can) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Fat Free Milk
- 1/3 cup light rum (or to taste)
- 2 cups light whipped topping, thawed, or 2 cups sweetened whipped cream
- 1/2 cup shredded or flaked coconut, lightly toasted (optional)
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
COMBINE coconut milk, sweetened condensed milk, evaporated milk and grated peel from 1 lime in large bowl; stir well. When cake tests done, remove from oven and cool on wire rack for 10 minutes.
POKE holes in cake with a long-tined fork every ½ inch. Carefully pour milk mixture over cake, spooning any pooled mixture along the sides over the top of the cake. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
CUT the cake; top with dollop of whipped topping. Grate peel from remaining lime over cake; sprinkle with toasted coconut (or to achieve look in picture, use round biscuit cutters to cut cake, transfer to serving plate, then add toppings).
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Be the first to review this recipe!
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Serving Size: 1/12 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.