Coconut Macaroons are an elegant treat, yet quick and easy to make.
- 1 pkg. (14 oz.) or 5 1/3 cups flaked coconut
- 1 can (14 oz.) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Foil-line and grease baking sheets.
COMBINE coconut, sweetened condensed milk, vanilla extract and almond extract in large bowl. Drop by rounded teaspoonful on prepared baking sheets; press each cookie lightly with back of spoon. BAKE for 10 to 14 minutes or until lightly browned around edges. Immediately remove from baking sheets to wire racks to cool. Store loosely covered at room temperature.
FOR COCONUT AND CHOCOLATE MACAROONS:
STIR into dough 1/4 cup NESTLÉ TOLL HOUSE Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Morsels. Proceed as above.
Review This Recipe
Very simple & delicious Coconut macaroons recipe. I made them day after Thanksgiving, everyone who tried it, absolutely loved it.
I had just a few minor changes to it:
- Since I didn't have the almond extract at hand, I substituted with 1 tablespoon of chopped almonds;
- I made the cookies larger, so instead of dropping rounded teaspoonfuls on the baking sheet, I did rounded tablespoonfuls and was able to get 12 huge macaroons on 1 sheet;
- Instead of foil-lining the baking sheets, I used parchment paper to line the baking sheet and the macaroons come off easily.
Read More Reviews