Coconut Orange Macaroons
Cute and eye-appealing Coconut Orange Macaroons make for a perfect festive springtime dessert. The orange flavor makes for a delicious update to the standard macaroon. Top with any color jelly beans to match your table linens for a well coordinated finish.
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (14 ounces) NESTLÉ LA LECHERA FAT FREE Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 5 cups sweetened coconut flakes, divided
- 75 to 90 Easter colored jelly beans
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
BEAT sweetened condensed milk and cream cheese in medium mixer bowl until creamy. Add egg yolk, vanilla extract, grated orange peel and orange juice; beat well. Add flour mixture; beat until well combined. Stir in 4 cups coconut. Cover; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
PREHEAT oven to 350° F.
SHAPE dough into 1 ½-inch balls; roll balls in remaining 1 cup coconut. Place on ungreased baking sheets.
BAKE for 12 to 14 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven; immediately press 3 jelly beans on top of each macaroon. Cool for 1 minute; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Nest of Fun
crowd pleaser, but had to make two batches cuz first batch burned...
Serving Size: 1/25 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 25
- Amount Per Serving
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.